Employers: Please find out more about our Prospective Employee Database and how Executive Recruitment & Appraisals can find the personnel solution for you.
Licensed Senior Property Manager
Posted: September 25, 2019
Situated In: Kelowna, BC
Position Available: Immediately / Full-TimePosition Filled
Our client, LMP Management (LMP), manages in excess of 20+ residential buildings as well as an extensive portfolio of warehouse space for the Stober Group of companies. LMP is committed to providing "best practices" in property management, with an exceptionally high level of service. With a focus on succession planning, coupled with an urgency to meet growing industry demands, the company is expanding to add an additional Licensed Senior Property Manager to their accomplished team.
- You have significant experience as a successful Property Manager with a proven track record of increasing levels of responsibility
- You bring a "benchmark" skill-set to the role
- You are focused on providing exceptional customer/tenant service within a multi-faceted residential/commercial environment
- You are positioned to advance your career to the next level of property managerial responsibility
- You are intent on joining an Okanagan Valley, industry-leading, property management organization
- Internal office administration - demonstrating competency with Property Management proprietary software
- Data entry procedures, tracking rents, vacancy reporting
- Managing tribunal/arbitrations and small claims court proceedings, including evidence preparation, reviewing and submitting documentation, attending hearings
- Managing all tenant issues, including, but not limited to, complaints inspections, attending move in/outs, completing documentation and lease signing
- Coordination of maintenance issues, including dispatching of trades
- Daily / weekly contact with residential managers
- Monitoring compliance with safety standards, policies and procedures
- Assist with all on-site operations of portfolio to ensure compliance
- Working with team members to minimize expenditures and maximize revenues in adherence to budgeted cost parameters
You will be joining an exceptional company with a team of property managers who are committed to providing extraordinary customer service and leading-edge management services to one of the largest family-owned and operated full-service property management and land development companies outside of the Lower Mainland. This position will demand the gamut of property management expertise and provide an ideal platform for unique career growth. A very competitive compensation package is being offered.
To discuss this extraordinary career opportunity, please contact: Patrick Walls, Executive Recruitment & Appraisals Inc. at 250-878-4413 or submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All applicants will be acknowledged.
Chief Operating Officer
Posted: November 8, 2018
Situated In: Kelowna, BCPosition Filled
Position Available: Immediately
Our client, Al Stober Construction Ltd. (ASC), is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to oversee the ongoing operations and procedures of their Okanagan Valley industry-leading, land development and property management corporation. In this newly created position, the COO, by maintaining control of diverse business operations, will guide the company vision, mission, values and objectives, while providing the leadership and management acumen necessary to execute the organization's strategic plan.
Nature & Scope
Guided by the ASC vision, mission, values and objectives, the COO will provide the leadership and management acumen necessary to execute the Al Stober Construction Ltd. strategic plan by overseeing the daily operations of an Okanagan Valley industry-leading, land development and property management corporation.
- Oversee operations to ensure that the implementation of the company vision, mission, and values will achieve desired results in profitability and growth
- Implement operational plans which equate to significant process and bottom line performance
- Drive the ASC culture, focused on operational excellence
- Oversee the annual budgeting process, in collaboration with the CFO, and work with senior executives and operational management to facilitate departmental accountability
- Review and evaluate key performance indicators and adjust business plans and activities to optimize operations
- Identify "best practices" initiatives that can be implemented to achieve efficiencies and improve the daily operations of the business
- Provide timely communication and strategic reporting to the CEO, Advisory Board, and stakeholders
- Assess opportunities and advise the CEO regarding initiatives which align with the vision and strategic plan
- Develop and maintain a strong culture of continuous improvement and success
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and growth opportunities that cultivate a strong and stable workforce while developing people talent
- Endorse and promote best practices that foster internal and external customer satisfaction
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration or relevant career experience
- 10 plus years engaged in a senior leadership role
- Career record of leading, and managing diverse corporate projects and strategies
- Track record of driving a culture focused on operational excellence
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Extensive experience in leading, guiding, directing and evaluating managerial staff
- Analytical competency in providing comprehensive reports for company stakeholders together with proficiency in all related information technology
- Experience with construction / property management proprietary software applications an asset
- Proven fiscal management expertise with extensive knowledge and achievements in asset management and the budgeting process
- Ability to manage professional relationships with all external clients
To discuss this extraordinary career opportunity, or submit your resume in strict confidence, please contact: Patrick D. Walls at 250-764-2662 (office), 250-878-4413 (cell phone) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Licensed Financial Advisor Assistant
Posted: August 2018
Situated In: Kelowna, BCPosition Filled
Position Available: Immediately
Our client, Matte & Associates (www.matteandassociates.com), located in Kelowna, B.C., is a nationally recognized and award-winning financial advisory firm located in Kelowna, B.C. Because they are committed to providing their clients with an exceptionally high level of service, they are expanding their team to include a Licensed Financial Advisor Assistant to assist with the daily administration and exceptional growth of the practice.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, accountable, responsible, and able to excel in a team-focused environment. Experience in the financial industry is preferred, with licensing in both Life Insurance and Mutual Funds. Primary credentials will include proven experience and success in the financial services industry, Canadian Securities course, Life License, and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with industry proprietary software applications is an asset.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, the successful applicant will assist in all day-to-day operations as well as provide support to two life and investment advisors.
- Processing and tracking security transactions and transfers
- Managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls with clients
- Responding to requests for information from Advisors and clients
- Servicing clients' general day-to-day requests
- Preparing correspondence and reports
- Maintaining Financial Advisor files
- General office duties as assigned by Client Services Manager
- Successful career path in the financial Services industry
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree preferred
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Life License Certification
- Above average skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with industry proprietary software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to working and thriving in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and assist co-workers as required
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation package and potential for advancement. Matte & Associates has built their reputation on team-work and exceptional customer service. A cornerstone of this practice is the value placed by management on the principle of collaborative consultation and mutual respect. Team members and clients will always be treated in a manner which reflects the company's dedication to the pursuit of excellence and best practices in the provision of wealth management strategies for clients experiencing real world challenges.
Please contact Patrick Walls, Executive Recruitment & Appraisals Inc. at 250-878-4413 to discuss, or email CV in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Posted: December 20, 2017
Situated In: Kelowna, B.C.Position Filled
Position Available: Immediately
Our client, Al Stober Construction Ltd. (ASC), is a family owned, industry-leading commercial construction and property management company headquartered in Kelowna, B.C. This innovative organization has been engaged in developing and managing office, industrial retail and residential projects in the Okanagan Valley for more than 50 years. Their highly skilled professional team has established the company as trusted leaders in property management and land development throughout the Okanagan Valley.
The Assistant Controller will join the company in an integral role as a senior accountant who may potentially transition into the role of Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will collaborate on significant matters including job costing for various construction and tenant improvement projects, financial statements for diverse operating and holding companies, reviewing and managing various commercial and residential A/P and A/R portfolios, cash flow management and planning, reviewing of insurance programs and costs, management of key ratios, and financial analysis of various investment opportunities, options and proposals, as well as the Yearend analysis of numerous residential and commercial properties.
PRIMARY CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Accounting Designation preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in a senior accounting role
- Appropriate experience within the property management, construction and real estate industry
- Established experience in meeting deadlines within a highly productive team setting
- Proven innovative and creative problem-solving skills coupled with sound critical thinking expertise
- Proficient with information technology (SAGE Timberline and ODBC reporting)
- Providing day-to-day leadership and support to the operational accounting team
- Responding in a timely manner to daily tenant and other business enquiries
- On-going project analysis and construction progress up-dates
- Tennant Improvement (TI) profitability consolidation
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monitoring Leasing Operating Costs for commercial properties
- Supporting calculations for property acquisitions
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly results implementing quarterly variance reporting
- Developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statements and reports
- Drafting 15-month forecast preparation of annual variances in consultation with CFO
- Reviewing annual BC Assessment Values, annual property taxes, reviewing /adjusting Yearend papers
- Financial reporting to the bank
- Yearend analysis of all residential and commercial properties
- Reviewing year-end papers for ASC and writing any additional adjusting entries
- Setting up periodic loan applications
- Documenting yearend and annual legal resolutions
- Managing CRA issues
To discuss this exceptional long-term career opportunity, or submit your resume in strictest confidence, please contact Patrick D. Walls 250-878-4413 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All enquiries will be acknowledged.