Posted: December 20, 2017
Situated In: Kelowna, B.C.
Position Available: Immediately
Our client, Al Stober Construction Ltd. (ASC), is a family owned, industry-leading commercial construction and property management company headquartered in Kelowna, B.C. This innovative organization has been engaged in developing and managing office, industrial retail and residential projects in the Okanagan Valley for more than 50 years. Their highly skilled professional team has established the company as trusted leaders in property management and land development throughout the Okanagan Valley.
The Assistant Controller will join the company in an integral role as a senior accountant who may potentially transition into the role of Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will collaborate on significant matters including job costing for various construction and tenant improvement projects, financial statements for diverse operating and holding companies, reviewing and managing various commercial and residential A/P and A/R portfolios, cash flow management and planning, reviewing of insurance programs and costs, management of key ratios, and financial analysis of various investment opportunities, options and proposals, as well as the Yearend analysis of numerous residential and commercial properties.
PRIMARY CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Accounting Designation preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in a senior accounting role
- Appropriate experience within the property management, construction and real estate industry
- Established experience in meeting deadlines within a highly productive team setting
- Proven innovative and creative problem-solving skills coupled with sound critical thinking expertise
- Proficient with information technology (SAGE Timberline and ODBC reporting)
- Providing day-to-day leadership and support to the operational accounting team
- Responding in a timely manner to daily tenant and other business enquiries
- On-going project analysis and construction progress up-dates
- Tennant Improvement (TI) profitability consolidation
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monitoring Leasing Operating Costs for commercial properties
- Supporting calculations for property acquisitions
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly results implementing quarterly variance reporting
- Developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statements and reports
- Drafting 15-month forecast preparation of annual variances in consultation with CFO
- Reviewing annual BC Assessment Values, annual property taxes, reviewing /adjusting Yearend papers
- Financial reporting to the bank
- Yearend analysis of all residential and commercial properties
- Reviewing year-end papers for ASC and writing any additional adjusting entries
- Setting up periodic loan applications
- Documenting yearend and annual legal resolutions
- Managing CRA issues
To discuss this exceptional long-term career opportunity, or submit your resume in strictest confidence, please contact Patrick D. Walls 250-878-4413 (PDWALLS@SHAW.CA)
All enquiries will be acknowledged.